Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Beginning: I Completely Understand

I get it. No one has time. You want to play guitar, you want to get better, you need a little guidance. But who in the world has time to schedule a lesson with everything else we got going on? Like I said, I understand. So hopefully you'll find something interesting here that will get you on the right track, and you can do it on your own time. Maybe this blog will help build up some steam and then you would want to take private lessons, I can do that too. I want to use this first post to give an outline of how I plan to use this site. Some of these ideas aren't feasible at the moment, but I plan to implement them as soon as I can. Mainly, I want to know what you want from this site. You can e-mail me here or leave a comment on this post and tell me what would keep you coming back. But let's jump into some of the plans I've already thought about. 1) I will tag each post by skill level and content. If you've been playing a while, you might want to skip over how to tune your guitar. But surely someone out there could use the information. Posts will be tagged with one of the following; Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced. We will also cover Recording, Gear, and Theory. Don't be afraid of the Theory posts! It's not too hard, I promise. If we get into some really out there theory, I'll put Advanced Theory on the tag. 2) For the moment, I will only be posting text lessons with pictures and diagrams or tabs. Soon enough, I will be posting vlogs which leads me to my next point of interest. 3) The vlogs will be me answering direct questions that you send me. Don't be afraid to ask anything, if I don't know the answer, I will respond to you that I don't but hopefully will be able to direct you to a source with knowledge about your question. 4) I will also be posting videos of some really cool things that are guitar related as I get the chance, more to come on that! So, as I've said, start pouring in the questions. Who knows, your question may get blown up into a full blown lesson! Keep checking back often, first lesson is going up soon. "The Basics of The Guitar".

2 comments:

  1. bro, this is gonna be great for me. at some point i hope to have the time/money to take lessons from ya, but this is just what the doctor ordered. on the ride home from MS this evening, i was thinking to myself if it's just time to sell the last guitar and quit worrying about trying to play again. this is answered prayer. either the answer's gonna be that i should improve my skills or sell the guitar :)
    -dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know I kept a guitar in a loving home and off of the streets! Hope you find something useful here.

    ReplyDelete